Confessions of an extraordinary Library Clerk. 351.3LIB L6975

Sunday, December 24, 2006

My second favorite songs of the year...

Perhaps I've just spent too much time stamping books to pay attention, but I am convinced it's been a pretty dismal year for new music. Sad, I can actually count the number of gigs I've been to this year on one hand. In any case, here are my favorite songs of 2006:

Asobi Seksu - "Thursday"


NYC group whose lead singer sings in both Japanesia + Ingles. Plus, she's got the sexiest nostrils in the biz.

Miranda Lee Richards - "Early November"
I just love this girl. Miranda's myspace.

Pet Shop Boys -
"Psychological"
You know how I know you're gay?

Too $hort - "Blow the whistle"
Album number 16 baby. Still representin' East Oakland.

E-40 - "White Gurl"
Vallejo in the house. God bless the memory of Mac D-R-E.

Lily Allen - "Smile"
I like this girl...even if she is British...our friends at MTV are pumping her hard (!) Now if we can just find a way to make that Lady Sovereign to go away...

The Organ - "Steven Smith" & "Brother"
Don't tell anyone but these songs were from their only album, released in 2004, but you've probably never heard them anyway. They've been on constant repeat in my car stereo all year. Take cover.

No comments:

Overdue Media - Unshelved

Book Stamper

Book Stamper
Futter Mein Ego.

About Me

Los Angeles, California, United States
Libary Clerk extraordinaire.