Confessions of an extraordinary Library Clerk. 351.3LIB L6975

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

3 movies a day...

I don't know what bothers me more...library patrons who come in every single day and check out three dvd movies (that's 6hrs!) or patrons who check out 4 travel guides on the same country, seriously, why would you need 4 different travel books on Ireland?! Rolling green hills, an occasional castle and booze--that's all you need to know about Ireland. OR patrons who check out resume books with 4 different "cover letters that knock 'em dead" books. How many resume/cover letter books does one need? I once used a "worlds greatest cover letters" book. On my cover letter I cited the parts I used and added footnotes. Needless to say I didn't get the job. In my head I figured it was brilliant move.

Have I ever mentioned that all library clerks are freaks? No joke, the library department hires "particular" types as clerks. Librarians, Messenger Clerks, Library Assistants--all normal. Clerks on the other hand, total nutjobbers. More on this later. Much more.

Right now I'm watching Pretty Persuasion with Evan Rachel Wood (Thirteen) and "Say hello to Lumbergh!" Ron Livingston (remember he's the one who didn't get the Goofy gig). White girls are the best...reminds me...one of my all time favorite white teenage girl films is this Lifetime TV (aka the battered woman channel) movie called Odd Girl Out. It's much better than Mean Girls...unfortunately it was a made for TV movie that is unavailable on DVD. I watched the film one afternoon in Bangkok last year and have fond memories. Apparently it is available on iTunes.

More on Odd Girl Out from Lifetime:

"Some think of their early school years as their "glory days," but for many teen girls it's a time of psychological warfare filled with backstabbing, jealousy and phoniness — and that's among your closest friends. Welcome to the world of Vanessa, a well-liked girl who suddenly finds herself in the popular crowd's line of fire."

1 comment:

SinisterPurpose said...

White girls are nice, but damaged and capable white girls with puppetmaster complexes are the biz.

(looks around)

I like this place. Consider yourself bookmarked.

Overdue Media - Unshelved

Book Stamper

Book Stamper
Futter Mein Ego.

About Me

Los Angeles, California, United States
Libary Clerk extraordinaire.