Confessions of an extraordinary Library Clerk. 351.3LIB L6975

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Arab. Muslim. Country Singer?!

Maybe, just maybe we can avoid a Clash of Civilizations...I discovered (by way of Eteraz.org) this Egyptian-American, Southerner who just so happens to be a country singer. Yes, I'm serious. His name is Kareem Salama. His bio says that he was born/raised in Ponca City, Oklahoma. Now, I don't care much for country music but this sounds pretty damn good to me. Visit his site, it's got an embedded media player that will automatically start playing the tunes. Stand out track is Baby I'm a Soldier. I can honestly say that I've seen/heard it all now.

Say...do you have any Arab, Muslim Country music in your collection?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVVVVVVVVVVEEEE his music im so addicted to it, im glad to finaly find someone who likes it too :)

Overdue Media - Unshelved

Book Stamper

Book Stamper
Futter Mein Ego.

About Me

Los Angeles, California, United States
Libary Clerk extraordinaire.