Confessions of an extraordinary Library Clerk. 351.3LIB L6975

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Trash.


Miranda Lee Richards @ Hotel Cafe, Hollywood 4/20/07

I may very well be the only person the planet to own a Miranda Lee Richards t-shirt. Wore it proudly today. So there were easily over 120 people present, but I think a total of 8 of us at the Hotel Cafe last nite actually came to see her. Her voice is beautiful. She's beautiful. I love this girl! I may just propose to her at the next gig. She complained about the sound for the first couple songs...then complained that peeps were talking too loud disrupting her. Had the chattering crowd exit in to the other rooms/outside. Reminded me of a Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star) gig, where the lovely Hope berated the crowd for cheering. Sweet memories. I like the venue, Hotel Cafe (Now With Air Conditioning!)...very laid back.
Very Hollywood but not really. If that makes sense. Intimate/personal, acoustic music joint with appetizers! I felt really out of place trying to take a pics/video. I nervously snapped a couple photos...with the flash on...damn new digi cam. Got to speak to her afterwards. Sparks flew. Perhaps only in my mind...but I did feel like Bobby Brady...fireworks.

Later that nite...a different part of town, a different kind of freak...Suede's Trash empties dance floor. Shame. Shame! "Old" people unite/take to the floor. Sing our hearts out.

No comments:

Overdue Media - Unshelved

Book Stamper

Book Stamper
Futter Mein Ego.

About Me

Los Angeles, California, United States
Libary Clerk extraordinaire.