Confessions of an extraordinary Library Clerk. 351.3LIB L6975

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bach Ke Rehna Re Baba



"I used to be like you, now look at me--I'm dating two Asian girls."
--David Cross from School For Scoundrels (2006)

On now...Bach Ke Rehna Re Baba (exact translation eludes me), on ARYDI satellite channel (major Urdu language satellite channel--based/uplinked from the UAE--where else?). Bach Ke ("saved") game show is hosted by what appears to be a Chinese girl speaking fluent Urdu. Totally fascinating. She's got the accent and mannerisms down cold. Wow. Just wow. Hopefully they/she gives us a name. The game itself is a mix between the Price Is Right and Nick's Double Dare where contestants (teams of two teens--boy/girl) compete for cash prizes...roll giant dice on then perform all sorts of not-so-challenging games. The show is god awful, but I'm totally fascinated by the chupti host.

Sophia Chee
is her name and she just signed off with Allah-Hafiz. Amazing. I don't watch much television, but all this Urdu language programming is bringing me back to my roots...okay, so my roots are grounded squarely in the mean streets of the San Fernando Valley (like, yea), but never underestimate the power of false pride!


Sophia Chee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah I was watching the exact show, I tried youtubeing to see if i can find some clips of her, but i cant! shes awesome! i was completely stunned with her fluency in urdu and the tone she used too, it was very natural!

Anonymous said...

fellows shes very much pakistani, born bred and lived here all her life....

Anonymous said...

Sophia chee she first came on Indus news couple of years back.she joined ajj tv and later was seen on tv1 n now adays you can spot her on ary network.you can also check her out on the web with her boy friend Ali Hilal

Unknown said...

Sophia Chee was the LIFE of Aaj TV"s Aaj Entertainment Tonight. Since she left the show there is always something missing. The new guy is doing fine but Sophia"s spontaniety is not there. I wish her well.

Overdue Media - Unshelved

Book Stamper

Book Stamper
Futter Mein Ego.

About Me

Los Angeles, California, United States
Libary Clerk extraordinaire.