Confessions of an extraordinary Library Clerk. 351.3LIB L6975

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

What would you do for Rs1000?

Just finished watching a show called Living On The Edge (theme song by Aerosmith, who else?) on The Musik satellite channel. Touted as the first Indo-Pak dare (as in I double dare you paki) show. A kind of desi Fear Factor sans production value or budget. I came into it a bit late, but the dare apparently was to eat tablespoons of red chili powder. The record was 12 tablespoons. The poor girl ate 9 and couldn't go any longer. Then they had a miserable drawn out interview with the pagal larki who took on the challenge. For...get this 1000Rs. Rupees my Western friends. PKR.

1000 PKR = $16.5027 USD

I would pay the poor girl 2000Rs to stop. The girl said something about wanting to break to record, as some kind of nationalist pride or something. I think I heard that correctly, national pride. I laughed when I heard it, but now as I write this, I'm thinking...getting into the Guinness Book of World Records--a first for a Pakistani woman. For...swallowing spoonfuls of chili powder. Thomas Friedman would be proud. The World. Flat indeed.

Conspiracy Update: The South Asian/Pakistani satellite package from Disk Network comes with a couple bonus channels. One of which is the new PNTG Channel. Hey! Freedom Journal Iraq is on...we're winning! Yea!

No comments:

Overdue Media - Unshelved

Book Stamper

Book Stamper
Futter Mein Ego.

About Me

Los Angeles, California, United States
Libary Clerk extraordinaire.