Confessions of an extraordinary Library Clerk. 351.3LIB L6975

Thursday, December 6, 2007

More Patriotic Than A Filipino American!

From IH8Mud.com forums:
The Leatherman Monarch is available at the PDX airport area Costco, it says it is 145 lumen, and is a Cree LED, it is packaged so you can turn it on and view it's light output at the store. It is pretty bright, but can't tell much in the brightly lit store. My wife was with me, and after buying 2 flashlights (Rayovac and Task Force Crees) in the last couple weeks, she put the foot down on buying another. She thinks I'm crazy. But it would be nice to have a smaller form factor light like the 3@ AAA-cell Leatherman, with the same output as my 2@ C-cell, and 3@ C-cell Crees.
There comes a time in a man's life when serious introspection and self examination leads him to a kind of acceptance--a realization of what a famous White man referred to as, being a total dork. It's official. I submit. I've recently discovered that there are others out there--an entire community of enthusiasts (addicts) who share my unhealthy obsession with flashlights, lanterns, headlamps, and various manner of bright lights! L.E.D.'s are all the rage. I purchased the Leatherman Moncarh 500 last week. It's like really bright and stuff. I sleep with it. That makes somewhere around 30...but who is counting? Entire flashlight messages boards for/by lightheads. Some of the finest people around I reckon. We aren't collecting stamps for my God's sakes! Stamps are utterly useless! What kinda freak still collects stamps? At least we aren't wearing costumes (think Star Trek). Not in public anyway. No, flashlights come in handy. Just wait 'til the next disaster--natural or otherwise, we'll see who has the last laugh. Ha.

No comments:

Overdue Media - Unshelved

Book Stamper

Book Stamper
Futter Mein Ego.

About Me

Los Angeles, California, United States
Libary Clerk extraordinaire.