Confessions of an extraordinary Library Clerk. 351.3LIB L6975

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Head Scratcher

"This is such an amazing idea - I had been looking to purchase a piece of unique art online and this 100% fits the bill."
Teresa Critien, UK
First it was that a-hole who sold celestial bodies in the heavens...then the kid who sold pixels on his single web page...now this...



One Thousand Paintings [1000 Numbers = 1000 Paintings]. I can't believe I'm even giving this guy any more publicity.

One thousand numbers = one thousand paintings. All beautifully painted on canvas (approx. 12 x 12 x 1.5 inches). Each number is unique - the number and the demand define the price. An experiment of art & mathematics, on the web, the first of its kind.
The guy paints a number on a small canvas. Makes tens of thousands of dollars. I can sell my hair off my thighs. Each hair is unique and without doubtization, artistic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This ridiculousness kind of reminds me of my favorite story from satirewire.com, "Supreme Court Rules Earnings Should be Protected as Art": http://www.satirewire.com/news/june02/worldcom.shtml

Overdue Media - Unshelved

Book Stamper

Book Stamper
Futter Mein Ego.

About Me

Los Angeles, California, United States
Libary Clerk extraordinaire.